Thursday, February 22, 2024

Relationships with Prophets tempted by evil



Here's some stories narrated in holy Quran regarding close relationships to great prophets who succumbed to temptation and choose to remain with unbellievers ...
Holy Quran
Chapter 66 Attahrim
10. God presents an example for those who disbelieve: the wife of Noah and the wife of Lot. They were under two of our righteous servants, but they betrayed them, so they didn’t avail them from God at all, and it was said, “Enter the Fire with those who enter.”

Chapter 11 Hud

42. And so, it sailed with them amidst waves as mountains. Noah called out to his son, who was separate from them, “O my son, come aboard with us, and don’t be with the unbelievers.”

43. He replied, “I will seek refuge on a mountain; it will protect me from the water.” He said, “Today, there is no protection against God’s decree, except for those who receive His mercy.” And the waves surged between them, and he was among the drowned.



Chapter 19 Mary 

41. And mention in the Scripture Abraham, a man of truth, a prophet.

42. When he said to his father, “O my father, why do you worship what can neither hear nor see and can’t benefit you in any way?

43. O my father, a specific knowledge that didn’t come to you has come to me. So follow me, and I will guide you to a straight path.

44. O my father, don’t worship Satan. Satan has been rebellious against the Most Merciful.

45. My dear father, I fear that a punishment from the Compassionate may afflict you, and you become an ally to Satan.”

46. He replied, “Are you renouncing my gods, O Abraham? If you don’t desist, I will surely stone you. Now leave me for a long while.”

47. He responded, “Peace be upon you. I will ask forgiveness for you from my Lord. He is always gracious to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment